From Talleres MAF, a machining company, we tell you what the Mori Seiki CNC lathe, one of our most important machines, is used for.
What is a CNC Lathe?
Lathes are Industrial Machines that are used in the manufacture of turned parts made of metal or any other material: it consists of a cylinder that rotates on itself holding the part and making it rotate at the same time to cut or shape it.
These machines are generally used in the metalworking industry, as in the case of MAF workshops. They are essential tools in machine workshops like ours and in production plants. Nowadays, CNC lathes are the most modern ones, because their high-tech components allow the work on the workpiece to be configured according to the specific need.
The details of the work on the parts are defined through the coding of letters, numbers and symbols known as Numerical Control (NC), this Numerical Control is coded to define the type of instructions that the lathe will apply to the part being worked on.
CNC Technology lathes are those in which the Numerical Control; i.e. the definition of the work on the part is directed by a computer that has incorporated within it software specifically designed to simplify the manufacture of serial parts more accurately. This is why they are essential machinery in modern industry.
Features of our Mori Seiki CNC Lathe
The Mori Seiki CNC lathe was created to achieve the highest precision for machining different parts; its high rigidity motor offers more powerful turning and milling, and the SL-200 model allows the operator to perform the machining of parts more easily.
With BMT (Built-in Motor Turret) technology, they are designed with the highest precision and best milling with Y-axis, they do not overheat due to their cooling and energy saving system. Bigbore and counter spindle, optimum damping and rigidity.
They are easy to use, to make the work on the parts to be turned faster and more effective.
Mori Seiki CNC lathe applications
The Mori Seiki CNC lathe is used for:
- Cylindrical turning: machining either the inside or outside of a workpiece to give it a cylindrical shape.
- Facing: perpendicular and frontal machining that allows perfect meshing between two parts.
- Grooving: machining grooves of different shapes and depths on the parts to be machined.
- Threading on the lathe: allows a cylindrical helical path to be made on the workpiece.
- Knurling: a tool called a knurling tool is used to print different shapes on the part to facilitate gripping and prevent the part from slipping.
- Cone turning: machining different types of cones.
- Spherical turning: to make inscriptions by means of templates with exact shapes.
- Mowing: used to cut bars from a workpiece with defined diameters.
- Chamfering: to kill the edges on the inside and outside of the part to give a better finish and avoid problems with the assembly of the parts.
- Machining of eccentrics: such as cam shafts or engine crankshafts.
Now you know what is and what our Mori Seiki CNC lathe is for. If you need a very high quality CNC machining service for your parts, at Talleres MAF we provide it, guaranteeing precision, reliability and efficiency. And if you need them as complements to machining, we offer you our metal casting and stamping services. Just contact our team, and we will be very happy to help you. We are waiting for you! Make the most of it and succeed!