What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through websites. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of many information society services. Among other things, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his/her computer and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise the user and improve the service offered.
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own Cookies those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client’s browser, which can be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only relevant to the provision of the service requested by the user on one occasion.
- Persistent cookies: the data is still stored on the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist therein, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, requesting registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the broadcasting of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
Analysis cookies: allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to create navigation profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
Advertising cookies: allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces.
Behavioural Advertising Cookies store information on user behavior obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Disabling and Deleting Cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting the options of the browser installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the services available may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser’s Help menu where you can find instructions. You can choose which cookies you want to work on this website at any time
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting the options of the browser installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following:
Cookies used in Talleres Maf
↔ Slide to see the table
|talleresmaf.com||Part One (Talleres Maf)||_ga
|They collect anonymous information about the user’s navigation on the website in order to collect statistical data||Persistent|
|google.com||Third Part (Google)||NID||Allows you to embed Google Maps on the web, collect data on your preferences and customize advertising||Persistent|
|sharethis.com||Third Part (ShareThis)||__stid
|Insert social network buttons and collect anonymous statistical data to customize advertising||Persistent|
|facebook.com||Third Part (Facebook)||fr||Identifies the browser and Facebook user accessing the page and customizes advertising||Persistent|
|talleresmaf.com||First Part (Talleres Maf)||test_cookie||Checking the user’s browser settings to verify whether or not it allows the installation of cookies.||Persistent|
Rellena los campos del formulario y muy pronto nos pondremos en contacto
Emilio Alcalá Galiano, s/n Nave Industrial 5 BIS
08940 Cornellá de Ll.Barcelona
933 771 994